This is the landing page for the open source projects by Richard e Collins.
#appbuild This is an alternative to using make as a tool for creating c/c++ applications in Linux. It uses just one configuration for per project which can reference other projects files to create a solution. The project files are written using json so that IDE’s and other editors can use the files with their own customisations without effecting the build process.
- appbuild supports
- Full dependacy checking.
- Project references and automaic building of these references when needed.
- Multithread compiling.
- Builtin build environment defines to help with build time and version generation.
- Single process used during entire build process that allows for increased speed of dependency checking between source files.
- Does not create extra files to manage the project and so will not clutter up your repository. Just uses the one project file for each project.
- Resource file support with file API and compression, think something like res folder for Android apps.